Review: Skinlite Exfoliating Foot Mask

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hello ^,^
Anyone loves foot mask?
Any good ones to recommend?


RM 9.90 for 1 pair
I bought this at Sasa outlet

Description
Skinlite Exfoliating Foot Mask is a foot exfoliant plus treatment filled in a pair of wearable mask sheets. Put on the mask as you would your socks. It removes all calluses over time, visibly smoothing your feet within 2 weeks. Papaya, lemon, apple, orange and other natural botanical extracts remove calluses while chamomile extract calms freshly exfoliates skin. 

Directions
1. Using scissor cut open the package along the dotted line. 
2. Throughly cleanse your feet and wear the masks. 
3. Remove after 60 to 90 minutes and rinse off with water. 
4. Calluses start peeling off in 4 to 7 days after use. Nearly all calluses will be removed in a further 3 to 5 days depending on their thickness. Do not use a callus Remover or pick on calluses when they start peeling off.

A look on the inside

The folded foot mask

Ingredients
Alcohol, water (aqua), Propylene Glycol, Lactic Acid, Isopropyl Alcohol, Urea, Glycolic Acid, Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis, Flower Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Salicyclic Acid, Menthol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum)

This is what you get when you unfold it...

My thoughts
It feels like I'm wearing a very wet socks. The scent is extremely strong and smells like strong alcohol. There is stinging sensation on my feet after wearing it for 10 minutes. It is totally uncomfortable. I just wanted the time to pass faster. Then after 30 minutes my feet started hurting. I wanted to leave the mask on for 85 minutes but I took it off after 70 minutes because the stinging/pain was very disturbing. My feet felt tight and dry. My mum tried this before but it was fine for her... Hmmm... Just me?

I'm wearing the wet socks foot masks
It looks so ugly!

5 Aug 14 applied the foot mask
8 Aug 14 calluses started peeling off a little
11 Aug 14 calluses peeling off everywhere especially toes and heels area
16 Aug 14 I have a very ugly crack foot
18 Aug 14 Everything peeled off after being soaked in the rain for more than 2 hours...
(If you remember my Hong Kong Ocean Park experience... or read it here!)

No, I will not show you my feet because it is not a pretty sight...

My feet was smooth and very nice after that...
The result is not permanent
Only last for 2-3 weeks...

Pros
:) Remove calluses
:) Makes my foot soft and smooth for a few weeks

Cons
:( Strong scent
:( Painful experience

Rating: 2/5
Repurchase: No... The pain is unbearable...

2 comments:

  1. I actually love this foot mask and buy it all the time because I think it's one of the few more affordable yet effective foot products on the market. All the flaking takes some getting used to but it's kind of awesome all that horrible dead skin is falling away.
    Regarding the pain you were experiencing when using this product, is it possible you have some cuts/ lesions on your feet that you were unaware of? I have never experienced any pain when using this and I've used this many times but it's not advisable on injured feet as it's obviously very astringent.
    As for the result not being permanent, I find this to be the case with all beauty products anyway. A single application of anything is not going to give results that last forever and regular use is necessary to maintain results.
    Oh well, one girl's treasure is another girl's trash so thanks for sharing your experience regarding this product.
    I do hope you find something that suits you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this because it is one of the more affordable ones available... I don't think there was any cuts/lesions on my feet that I am aware of... My sister and mum did not experienced this as well... Maybe it is my problem... The result was good enough even though it stings... Thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete