Food ♪ Glorious Food ♫

Tuesday, March 24, 2015




I am joining the blogging contest for a chance to go to Taiwan!
Thanks to Taiwan Tourism Bureau Kuala Lumpur a lucky butterfly and her friend might get a chance to go to Taiwan for 5 Days and 4 nights which includes return air flights, accommodation and tour worth RM8,000!

The were THREE themes available and they are:


OR


OR


I like all of these things!
Lol
Super greedy >,<

Which one would you go for?
I think it is quite easy to guess which one I am going for ^,^

I really want to revisit Taiwan!
I went last year in October but I already miss Taiwan so much!

Such a breathtaking view!
I wish I can experience this...

Taiwan is such a beautiful country!
The scenic spots were simply amazing!
The food were delicious!
Taiwanese are super helpful and kind...


These are only some of the food I tried when I was there...
*drooling now, quickly wipe off saliva*
The food bought from 7-eleven were so delicious and the choices available was crazy!
How I wish one day Malaysia's 7-eleven can be like that!
*I will go everyday!*
There were huge varieties of street food available but there was limited space in our tummy... >,<
We are getting old so our digestive system is slowing down... lol
To be honest we are not that OLD but maybe our body is a little older than our real age... 
*sigh*

There were a lot of different scenic spots in Taiwan...
I enjoyed my time visiting the places above!
The pictures above were taken at Hualian, Yehliu, Sun Moon Lake, Beitou, Taichung and Taipei!
*Oh, I miss Taiwan so much*

We tried our best to keep everything as cheap as possible during our last trip...
Most of the time we will be walking...
A LOT!
There was one incident...
It was quite adventurous!

We were heading to the Golden Waterfall!

Image taken from Taiwan Government website

I did not have a picture because of some unexpected circumstances!
We were depending on Google Map the entire time...
We decided to walk to the Golden Waterfall since it was about 20 minutes away!

BIG MISTAKE!
We were chased by a pack of wild dogs!
It was truly a horrifying experience but we did make it out alive...
We decided to abandon our other quests to get back in one piece...
I missed out on a few scenic spots there!

Due to time constraints, we did not manage to visit all the places we wanted to go...
I did not have the stamina to do what I wanted to do!
I like Ruisui!
The place is not crowded with tourists and the people there were really kind...
We rented a bicycle and the lady provided us with raincoats and hats just in case it rains...
She even provided a simple map with directions to get to our destinations...
We went the wrong way...
We wanted to go to Ruisui Farm first but ended up at Ruisui Hot Spring!

We enjoyed our time here...
This is the first time I experienced outdoor hot springs and it was amazing!
It is not only comfortable!
There were various benefits such as lower blood pressures, eliminate toxins,increasing blood circulations and increases the chance of having baby boys!

Don't believe me???
Google it up!

◦◦◦◦◦
◦◦◦◦
◦◦◦
◦◦


Lol.
Ok, the last one is probably just a myth!

After relaxing at the hot spring, I felt super revitalize!
We decided to go to Ruisui Farm but after 5 minutes, I was too tired to continue cycling...
lol
I must go to the farm next time!

We went back to return the bicycle then went around looking for food!



Time to Eat

I ♥ food!
Who doesn't?

Let's see...
I have decided to list down all the food worth trying in Taiwan based on my own opinion...
I do hope you will like these :)
I will also list down the locations where I tried these but it does not mean that it is the best places to try them.

I really want to eat all these food again!
*drool*
When I go back I am going for all these foods!
I will make sure I walk more so I will not gain (too much) weight!

1. Ling Ji Corn BBQ


I tried these at Zhiqiang Night Market 自强夜市

We went in as we saw a queue here (but it was not crazy at the time)
The corn is sweet and juicy!
The sauce is pretty spicy but it compliments  the corn very well.

2. Coffin Bread (棺材板)

Pepper Chicken

Honey Chicken

I tried these at Zhiqiang Night Market 自强夜市

I did not expect these to be great!
Guess what?
These two were from different stalls...
They were next to each other but one of it was famous and the queue was insane!
We tried both and they were great...
They were both generous with the fillings and both offered free milk tea!
Totally delicious!

3. Oyster Omelet (蚵仔煎)


I tried this at Keelung Miaokou Night Market 廟口夜市

I did not like it...
It is a little gooey-ish!
The oyster was really fresh!
This is worth a try if you are in Taiwan for the first time!

4. Crab Soup


I tried this at Keelung Miaokou Night Market 廟口夜市

I love this...
I did not see any blog that recommends this but I personally love this!
I normally do not take seafood to avoid allergies but I just cannot resist this!
The soup is full of flavor!
I really wanted to order another bowl but I was too full already!

5. Stinky Tofu (臭豆腐)


I tried this at Shilin Night Market 士林夜市

I know most people do not like the smell...
I totally understand that because I used to hate the smell!
Once you put it into your mouth, the smell is not that bad...
The taste is pretty good!
The sauce and vegetables in the middle did sort of help to reduce the smell... lol

6. Ginger Tea (薑母茶)


I tried this at Jiufen 九份

Try the drinks before you buy it!
This is delicious and healthy.
After eating all the unhealthy food, detox a little with these healthy drinks!
It can be served hot or cold.
Our friends asked us to buy these back for them.
They want the exact same packaging because these taste much better!
We finally found these in Jiufen only!

7. Salted Crispy Mushroom (鹽酥菇)

I tried this at Jiufen 九份


I love crispy and salty food!
I normally do not really like mushrooms...
This is very addictive :)

8. Beef Noodle Soup (牛肉面)

I tried this at Jiufen 九份


This is definitely something you must try when you are in Taiwan!
I totally love this!
The beef is tender and juicy.
The soup is very nice.
My husband who hates beef (or very picky when it comes to beef) also fell in love with this!

9. Chicken Rolls

I tried this at Fengjia Night Market 逢甲夜市


These are really good!
The are quite a lot of choices when it comes to the sauce.

We chose Korean sauce,salt & pepper and fiery sauce!
The chicken meat are compressed tightly and grilled.
A very satisfying meal...
Yummy!

10. Pearl Milk Teas


Tried these at multiple locations!

I had at least a cup of milk teas everyday when I was in Taiwan...
I just had to...
The milk teas in Taiwan is really cheap and normally comes in a super big cup!
How can you pass on milk teas when it is so cheap?

11. Chicken Stuffed with Rice (飯飯雞翅)

I tried this at Sun Moon Lake, Ita Shao


I find this really special and delicious.
It is quite spicy.
If you are in Sun Moon Lake, do check this out!

12. Braised pork on rice (滷肉飯)

I tried this at multiple locations!


The taste is pretty much the same everywhere.
I love it when it is a little oily.
It makes the rice smoother this way.
Simple yet tasty
I had a bowl almost everyday!

13. Salted Crispy Chicken (鹽酥雞) or Fried Chicken Chop (炸雞排)

I tried these at Ximending 西門町 and Raohe Street Night Market 饒河街夜市


These are just popular Taiwanese street food and they are everywhere!
It is seasoned with salt, pepper and chilli powder.
I like salty food...
Maybe that is why I love them :)

14. Oyster Mee Sua (蚵仔麵線)

I tried this at Ximending 西門町


The famous Ah Zong Mian Xian!
I find it all right. 
I think it really depends on the branch/outlet.

I was actually looking for the traditional oyster mee sua...
I am not a very big fan of oyster mee sua to begin with...
I did not managed to try the oyster mee sua this time but I really wanted to try it because it was recommended in a lot of blogs I visited before going there!
I like oysters... even though I should avoid it.

15. Cheese Potato (芝士馬鈴薯)

I tried this at Fengjia Night Market 逢甲夜市


If you love cheese, you will love this!
Look at the generous toppings.
The cheese sauce did not cover the entire box (I saw that in other people's blog) but it was quite enough!
I love cheese and I love potatoes...
This is the super combination for me...

Feeling hungry?
Let's go to Taiwan!

Thank you for reading ♥♥♥

If I am lucky enough to win, I promise I will not buy less skincare products ;)
I wish I can visit 86 shop (link here) and 小三美日(link here) because they carry huge varieties of skincare and beauty products!
✤My kind of heaven✤


For more information, do visit these links:

No comments:

Post a Comment