Review: Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

Wednesday, November 4, 2015



I heard a lot of great reviews on this black sugar mask long before I decided to buy this...
It took me quite a long time before I finally decided to buy this!


I was not very confident in this brand...
I tried a few products from Skinfood before and I did not like them...


~BRAND~
Skinfood

~NAME~
Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

~PRICE~
USD 7.12

~CAPACITY~
100g


Description
A mask that contains minreal enriched Brazilian black sugar and promotes smooth glowing skin


Directions
After cleansing, massage onto damp face avoiding the eye and mouth areas. To minimize irritation, add water or toner while massaging. Leave for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.


There is a plastic lid to prevent spillage


Ingredients
Sucrose, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Glycerin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Lanolin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethlhexanoate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Laurate, Butylparaben, BHT, Caramel, Parfum


The famous black sugar mask!


My thoughts
I am secretly hoping that this product will not disappoint me >,<


~PACKAGING~
To be honest, I feel that the packaging looks cheap but at least it is sturdy.
It is good that there are English descriptions and directions on the packaging.
It is a little less hygienic as it did not come with any spatula




~SCENT~
The scent is very strong for me...
I did not really like it... It was a little sour (imo)
The scent lingered on my face for the entire 15 minutes... until I washed it off....




~TEXTURE~
The black sugar mask is pretty solid, thick and grainy. It is a little rough for me...
The color is not very appealing to me as well...
It looks super dirty and I did not really want it on my face... lol




~PRODUCT~
I think my room is a little humid so the black sugar melts a little before I started using. It was a little rough on my skin so I wet my face before applying the black sugar mask. I left it on for 15 minutes and wash it off by massaging with lots of water. I still think that the black sugar was rough on my skin. I had to be extremely gentle when using this. I think I kind of massaged a little hard at first which caused some redness on my forehead...

I think this product is quite good as it is a scrub and a mask. 2 in 1 product is great! After washing off the black sugar mask, my skin looks smoother and feels softer. I initially thought my skin would be dry but no. It did not dry out my skin at all! I did noticed a little difference on my pores and blackheads... Somehow my pores were smaller and blackheads seems to have lessen as well... I cannot really believe the result with just one usage... This product is quite awesome!

This product definitely changed my perspective towards the brand!




Pros
Makes skin softer and smoother
Reduce the size of pores and lessen blackheads
Affordable



Cons
Quite rough on skin
Strong scent
Not hygienic as product is in a tub without spatula



Repurchase?
Yes because the products is simply amazing!



Recommendation?
I strongly recommend this to everyone
Not suitable for those with extremely sensitive skin as it is a little rough

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a facial scrub. Will try this, I think. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete