A Jian Bak Kut Teh @ Johor Jaya

Sunday, March 6, 2016

One fine day, we were out looking for food...
It was lunch time...
We usually go for wonton noodles or chicken rice but  most were closed that day...
We spent at least half an hour looking trying very hard to decide where we should go...

Finally, I decided we should try something new...
Hubby was craving for BAK KUT TEH!!
Of all things... he wants something so heavy for the first meal!!!
*faints*

I was too hungry to say no...
So we went in to the shop...

Hubby placed his order rather quick...
We did not had to wait for long...


Hubby's yam rice and my plain rice... 
I chose the plain one for the sake of the pics... lol
No la... I prefer plain rice la...


Chinese Doughnut (Youtiao or Charkuey)
Hubby loves this in the soup
I used to love this when I was younger...


Bak Kut Teh!

The soup is different from the one we had in Klang or KL for sure...
Hubby said that this is JB's flavor... lol
I like it... I love soup of all sorts (mostly)

I like the mushrooms in the soup but I find the pork a little too bland...
The porky scent was a little strong... 
I used to love meat tremendously... but recently I did not enjoy meat that much... lol


Dong Po Rou (Braised  Pork Belly)

I do prefer this over the pork in the soup...
The meat is very tender which we both enjoyed...
The portion is just right for us...


The food is pretty good and price was average
Most probably will revisit when we have cravings for Bak Kut Teh...

No comments:

Post a Comment