DIY (Cheat) Rose Water Toner

Tuesday, March 15, 2016


I love roses...
Such pretty flowers!

Image taken from here.


I love the scent... A LOT!
I'm not obsessed but it is definitely one of my favorite scent!

I normally do not look at the ingredients when I buy any skincare products, but lately I am curious...
I picked up my sheet masks to take a look at the ingredient lists...
I have no idea what they are...

I did noticed that most have common ingredients like glycerin, propylene glycol, butylene glycol and some others so I started google-ing them...

After reading up on some of the ingredients, I decided to make my own toner!
I looked around for information before I decided to make my very own Rose Water Toner!

It is really easy!

You need:
1. Rose Water
2. Filtered Water
3. Empty Bottles

Easy right?

I found the rose water around the baking section @ Tesco
I think it was around RM 3.90 for 170ml


The ingredients are water, rose essence and propylene glycol

My empty bottles...

My favorite A'Pieu Aqua Nature Bamboo Dewdrop Tightening Freshener Pump Bottle and Naturie Hatomugi Skin Conditioner Spray Bottle


I mixed the rose water and filtered water into the bottle (1:1 ratio)

There you go!
It's done...


Adjust the proportion of the rose water and filtered water according to your preference :)
Add less filtered water for a stronger rose scent!

Do test it against your skin before using it to avoid allergic reaction...
I did not do that... lol

Since it is under the baking section, I think it is safe!
I poured some of the toner into the spray bottle so I can use it anytime, anywhere!

I love my new toner!

I have been using this toner since mid of September.
It did not irritate my skin in any way and keeps my skin hydrated!
Baby sis likes it after trying and it did not irritate her extremely sensitive skin
Other than keeping my skin hydrated, I did not see anything else...
My skin condition did not improve (from using the toner) but at least it did not break out my skin...
I do feel safer using this on my skin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment