Review: Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Hi ^.^
Anyone remember this?
I briefly mentioned this product in my Koreadepart Haul #1


~BRAND~
Secret Key

~NAME~
Starting Treatment Essence

~PRICE~
USD10.73

~CAPACITY~
155ml

Since I cannot afford to buy SKII, a cheaper dupe is great!
Let's see how well this works for me ;)


Since all the information is in Korean, I get all the details from Secret Key website and Koreadeaprt.

Description
* Dual function essence of whitening & wrinkle diminishing including Galactomyces ferment filtrate which is a concentrate type of essence reviving healthy skin rhythm keeping moist and clear tone of skin
* Skin essence at the first stage of skincare: 7 intensive cares of hydration, resilience, brightening, wrinkle diminishing, soothing, rearranging skin texture, anti-oxidation

Main Ingredients
Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate , Albutin, Adenosine, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract , Grafefruit extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract

Directions
Tap around to absorb into the skin after applying evenly according to skin texture from outside to inside with proper amount on the palm or cosmetic cotton at the first stage of skincare.

The cap is sealed to avoid spillage

My thoughts
I started using this on 17 April 2015
I bought this because I saw a lot of great reviews on this... and it looks like SKII!!!
It is WAY cheaper so it  is definitely worth to try!
I hope this will be good!


~PACKAGING~
The bottle is simple and sturdy. It looks similar to the famous SKII.
It is a huge bottle so it is definitely not travel friendly
It is not too difficult to control the amount of essence poured out.



~SCENT~
It  has a very strong alcohol scent... I hated it at first...
It was way better than SKII (for me)
The scent of SKII makes me feel sick after using it... The scent was... how should I put it?
I feel as though someone had vomited on my face!
I wanted to love SKII but it broke me out after using it for 2 weeks...
I stopped using it immediately!
Luckily, I did not buy this. My sister left it here when she left for Hong Kong. It did amazing things to her skin so I thought this will be good. Sadly, it did not work for my skin.



~TEXTURE~
It feels exactly like water.



~PRODUCT~
It is sticky upon application. It absorbs almost instantly hence stickiness is minimal. I use this right after cleansing my face and before my toner. Overall, I think the essence is good. I cannot see results immediately (I read that some people can see result in one week). After six to eight weeks, I can feel that my skin is more elastic. I think my skin is a little brighter but not obvious. It provides great hydration to my (super dry) skin. My skin is softer and smoother after I started using this. I am not sure if it diminishes wrinkles... I have fine lines around my eye areas... It did not do anything to the fine lines...

I think it is great for acne prone skin. When I feel that a pimple is popping out, I soak a few drops of the essence on the cotton and place it on the pimple. I was quite pleased. The  pimple looks calm. The next day, the pimple did not look red or obvious! After one or two days, the pimple is gone!



Pros
No allergic reaction or breakouts
Absorbs almost instantly hence stickiness is minimal
6 free - paraben, mineral oil, benzophenone, alcohol, pigment, artificial scent
Skin is more elastic, smoother and softer
Evens out skin tone
Great to soothe pimple
Provides great hydration


Cons
Scent is very strong
The bottle is not travel friendly (heavy)
Sticky upon application
Did not do anything to the fine lines around my eyes



Repurchase
Definitely YES!


 Love the products from Secret Key?
I have more for you!
Secret Key Starting Treatment Essential Mask
Secret Key 24K Gold Premium First Essence

No comments:

Post a Comment