Bangkok Trip 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Hello :)
It seems like I have to go to Bangkok every year >,<
I like the food there...
Shopping is great there as well...

So off we go to Bangkok 4 days 3 nights!

4 April 2015 (Saturday)


This time, I brought my parents and little sister there mostly for food.
I planned everything from air tickets, accommodation, food and shopping and everything else... lol

It took about an hour by taxi to reach our hostel...
Well, the taxi driver had a hard time finding our hostel...

Tips! Save the address in Thai and phone number in your phone or print it out!


Luckily I saved this in my phone :)

We stayed at Linkcorner Hostel (link here)
We booked a 4 beds private room
It costs 350 Baht per person per night
Super cheap right?

The room is clean and the bed is comfortable.
Staffs are friendly :)
No complaints.
The shared bathroom is not too bad as well.
Oh...
There is no elevators...
We were given a room on the fifth floor!!!
So tired!

This notice board has all the addresses of the common tourist place for tourist like us to take and hand over to the taxi driver.
Very thoughtful!

After checking in, we went out for food!

First stop is tom yam soup!

It is near Citin Pratunam Hotel

Seafood tom yam (150baht)

I love it!
The soup is great and there is quite a lot of seafood!

Next is...

Banana Chocolate Pancake (40baht)

I saw this on a TV show and it looks super yummy!

It is ok for me...
A little too sweet but flavorful...

I love the way they cook the fish!

The fish is coated with salt (100baht)
It is salty but with the sauce it is good :)

Fancy seafood?
I did tried a little but it is a little dry...
It cost us 200baht

Salad anyone?
I love papaya salad!
40baht

It is a bit blur because it is too sour...
My hand was shaky... lol

Grilled Pork
10baht each

I love this so much!
It is juicy... and so yummy!
I want to eat this now!

All these for dinner only!
Super full!


Did I mention that little sis was sick?
All she had was bread and sandwiches... lol

Ham and Cheese Croissant from 7-eleven
It is nice, too!

My mum's favorite!

Chang beer...
She had it almost every night... lol

5 April 2015 (Sunday)

Time for Chatuchak Weekend Market!

We took a tuk tuk to our destination!
It cost 150baht

Happy happy because it is shopping time :)

We reached!

It was super hot!
SUPER HOT!
So we did not take any selfie or wefie!

Ice cream... erm...
Forgot the flavours but it is so cheap...
I think it was 5 baht each
It is not delicious but good for hot weather!

Time to continue shopping...
The clothes here were really cheap!
This place was really huge!
We lost our way a few times and everywhere seems to be the same...

We spent quite a long time looking for food... lol
Finally we saw a stall so we went in without a second thought!

My dad ordered this...
The taste was just okay...

Fishball kue teow... I think...
I like the soup but it is a little too salty...

My mum wanted this since yesterday... lol
Finally got it for her...
Our stomach was so full after every single meal...

Little sis tried a little of everything but...
She had a ham and cheese sandwich by herself... lol

It is delicious... I love to buy food from 7-eleven!

Coconut juice...
So refreshing :)

Why is it so hot?

We need more ice creams!

Coconut ice cream...
This one is yummy...
Of course it is more expensive than the previous ones...
12 baht each... still cheap la >,<

After 4 hours we were so tired (mainly because we were so lost) we decided to go back

We went back to our room to rest...
Then we went back to Pratunam area to shop...

I saw something that caught my attention!

Fried Quail Eggs 20 baht
I love this... It is seasoned with salt and pepper!
I am not sure if it was because I was too hungry...
So yummy... but high cholesterol!

It is super crowded!
People-jam...
We were moving so slowly and sometimes we were stuck at one place because we just cannot move!
I have never sweat that much before from shopping!

After shopping and standing around for a few hours, we decided it is time for our feet to rest.
We went back to take a quick shower and rest before heading out for dinner.

Seafood dinner!
It is nearby Platinum Fashion Mall...

Fried clams 120 baht

I actually like this even though I am allergic to seafood (except fish)
I had quite a lot... and I think my face reacted a little afterwards...
So itchy!

Fried morning glory 100 baht

My dad said this is not morning glory...
It looks like kangkung to me... lol
We ate it anyway...
The taste is normal... but salty!

Boiled cockle 80 baht

I also ate this...
No wonder my face was itchy afterwards...
Ate too much seafood!
I like this but it is a little overcooked...
I prefer it to be a little under cooked... so it will be juicy! lol

Grilled chicken (half) 100 baht

I like how crispy and salty the skin is...
Little sis finished most of it...
I do find that the meat is a little under seasoned because the skin is too salty...
I did not really enjoyed the meat but I totally love the skin!

We ordered four bowls of rice to go with all these yummy food...
Our dinner was 440 baht for 4 person...
Not too bad!

Next destination is...


The reason we came here was for dessert...
but we were too full...
so...
SHOPPING TIME!

I was so excited when I saw Boots!
I went in to look for skincare products...
but...
I did not find anything I wanted to try...
Actually I did...
BUT...
I cannot buy anymore!

BEAUTY COTTAGE

I was looking everywhere for this store because I saw someone mentioned that the beauty products here is good...
(Then later, I realized there is one over at Big C)

I went in and aww....
The skincare and body care looks so cute and nice...
The scent is nice as well...

I tried a lot of the skincare products and it is so GOOD!
I nearly bought some of the serums and peeling gel...
The price is quite affordable but my mum stopped me...
because I still have a luggage full of skincare back home!

Thanks mum for helping me save money!
lol


When my stash of skincare products are less, I will consider buying them again...
Sigh...

When will my skincare stash finish?
Well, I bought a lot of skincare products when I went to Hong Kong last year

Time to leave as we did not feel like eating desserts...

We went outside to shop a little... lol
Everywhere also can shop le...

Everything is a little more expensive here as compared to Pratunam area...

Time to get supper!
Honestly, this trip is more focused on food than shopping... lol

Pad Thai Noodle 50 baht

I love Pad Thai Noodles but this one is not as good as the ones I tried previously...
The seasoning is not really balanced and somehow... it is bland...
Most of the food we tried so far are always pretty salty and spicy... so... this is quite bland...
We did not enjoy this >,<

Fish and Seafood Tom Yam Soup 200 baht

I cannot get enough of this tom yam soup...
I went back to the same stall!
It is so nice... Spicy and sour and salty...
Flavorful!
I love this so much!
There is a lot of seafood and we did not manage to finish it all!

We had a long rest later on and wow...
I fell asleep super quickly because I was exhausted...

It will be another long day tomorrow!

6 April 2015 (Monday)

We woke up as early as 5:30 am to go shopping ...
It was too hot and too crowded to take pictures...
So I did not took out my phone when I was shopping...

We find that it is inconvenient when we buy street food...
because...
We are not allowed to eat in our room...
We can only eat at the common area... and normally it is quite full...

We tried to look for places that we can dine it (with affordable prices)
Finally we decided to go to the food court...
We need a place to rest after all the shopping damages (physical and financial)

We found the perfect place!!!
We were super happy :)

Platinum Fashion Mall Food Court!

Just head over to get your coupon
You can get a refund later... So don't worry!

Our coupon for food!
We were famished!

We ordered Duck Noodle Soup and Fishball Noodle Soup with a dessert
Total cost is 150 baht

The Fishball Noodle Soup is quite plain...
Duck Noodle Soup is pretty good. The duck is so tender and juicy. I am not so sure about the soup because my mom added a lot of chilli power into it and it is so spicy but still good :)
I did not like the dessert but mom loves it!

Finally...

#Selfie
First one in this post!
Since is it not hot and I am comfortable enough... lol
Excuse the panda eyes >,<

After a little rest, time to get a refund (if you did not finished the $$$)
It is really simple, just follow the arrows and signs on the floor (near the coupon counter)

You will see the refund counter

Get your money back! ;)

We shopped for a while before deciding to leave the mall...
Back to our favorite place...
Pratunam and Baiyoke area... lol

Had some fun getting lost around the area before we accidentally  stumbled across...

The number 1 Wonton Noodle in Thailand!
My dad was attracted to this...
Suddenly I feel that the shop looks familiar...

SabX2

I remember seeing this in a few blogs...
The bloggers recommended this place and we went in without a second thought!
There was quite a long queue when we were there...

Just look at the crowd!
Scary...


I cannot remember what we ordered because there was no menu...
The waiter can speak a little Mandarin...
So we ordered what she recommended...
We tried a bowl of dry noodle and a bowl of soup noodle

I had a high expectation...
The portion is small tiny!
The soup noodle is not really good... a bit plain to our liking...
The dry noodle was super delicious!
It is very flavorful...
Maybe because it was cooked with pork lard?
I am not a big fan of wonton noodles but this is just the best I had!
One of the best food we had in our entire trip!

We just had to order another bowl because I super love it!
Each bowl cost 60 baht (regular) and 100 baht (special)...
I think it is a little expensive because the portion is not even enough for one person to feel full!
I still feel that it is worth it because it is so so so yummy!

It is in an alley next to Shibuya Shopping Mall and directly opposite of Grand Diamond Plaza Suites Hotel (hopefully it makes sense)

This is one of the street sign I managed to capture (next to Shibuya Shopping Mall)
lol

Time to go back for a little break...

My favorite ice coffee from a street vendor!
It is super nice for the hot weather!
I am not a fan of coffee but I LOVE this like mad!
I had to order this again and again!
I think I had three cups!

The coffee cart!
I did find it hard to order because they do not speak English at all...
We had to point and gesture to get what we want... lol
I told them no ice but they do not understand... lol
Nevermind >,<

We went back to our hostel and rest at the common area before heading back to our room...
because it is a long journey up!
lol
We just cannot stop eating...
haha
Cheese Sausage, Ham and Egg Sandwich and Meiji Bulgaria yogurt from 7-Eleven, and mango from a random fruit stall...
I told you I love food from 7-Eleven!

Time to take a break...
Our legs suffered so much during this trip... lol

Next up is D.I.N.N.E.R!

Stewed Beef Brisket Noodle  (Ngau Lam Meen)
70 baht each

I have never tried this before...
First time trying this and I like it!
There is no strong beef kind of scent... lol
The beef is very tender and juicy. Yummy
We ordered two bowls to try...
My dad loves this!
The only food he loves from this trip is the SabX2 wonton noodles and this!

This is actually a stall inside an alley which is quite dark...
We were a little skeptical to try it at first...
There was a stall on the opposite side which is brighter and has more customers...
The boss is really kind... and welcomed us so we thought... maybe we can try this...

We did not regret trying this!

The location is... erm...
Let me put it this way...
First landmark is Palladium World Shopping Centre
The next landmark is The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam
Then continue walking straight until you see the 7-Eleven and turn into the alley...
lol
I know is it a little vague...

This is the stall!
I hope it helps, if you want to try :)



Our last stop for the night is Big C

It is the place to get all the food and snacks...
We bought quite a lot of instant noodles, seaweed snacks, cuttlefish snacks and I also bought a coffee (after I fell in love with the ice coffee)

Our trip will end tomorrow!!!

6 April 2015 (Monday)


For breakfast, we had Dry Wonton Noodles and Wonton Noodle with Soup.
I think this stall was along the same alley with SabX2

They cost 50 baht each
The taste is not as good as SabX2 for sure...
It is a little cheaper and the portion is also bigger... lol
I did not really like it...
The difference is just too big >,<

For lunch, we decided on this shop along Pratunam Market (right opposite Platinum Fashion Mall)

Top: Boiled & Fried Chicken Set (no rice) 60 baht
Bottom: Fried egg noodle with pork gravy 45 baht

I did not like it at all...
Small portion and the taste is not good...
Did not feel full so we went to Platinum Fashion Mall's food court afterwards...

Duck noodle soup and Dry Duck noodle
Total cost is 100 baht

Yummy...
I don't really like duck meat but this is good...
Tender and juicy :)

We went back quite early to pack all our stuff since we are going back today!

The friendly weighing scale for our luggage.

Finally time to go home...
Time to pamper my feet...
The best way is just to let it rest... lol

Bye bye Bangkok!
I will be back...
Bwahahaha

I know it is long...
Thank you for reading, as always!



**Related Posts**
Bangkok Trip Day 1
Bangkok Trip Day 2
Bangkok Trip Day 3

2 comments:

  1. planning to go to bangkok.. heard that you can get cheaper luxury goods.. do you know any place that can get them???? :)

    www.stylemechummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not really sure about luxury goods... I love shopping around Pratunam area because it is really cheap but super hot... haha... You can try Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery, Siam Center, Terminal 2 and Central World, plus there's air con... Have fun there :)

      Delete