Review: Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence Vs Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Sunday, April 5, 2020

I have another skincare review for you today.
Snail in skincare is not new but I have just started trying a few and I thought it is time for a review. From what I researched based on the Snail Secretion Filtrate, it helps with redness, soothing, hydration, anti-ageing and more.




~BRAND~
Benton Vs Cosrx

~NAME~
Snail Bee High Content Essence Vs Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

~PRICE~
RM42.50 (Hermo) Vs RM50 (Hermo)

~CAPACITY~
60ml Vs 100ml




Description
Benton: Moisture and whiten your skin for younger looking, radiant skin
Cosrx: Light-weight essence which absorbed into skin fast and gives skin natural glow from inside


Directions

Benton: After washing your face, pump out generous amount and spread evenly.
Cosrx: Spread generous amount on cheek after washing face but apply sparingly on forehead, nose and under eye area.

Ingredients
Benton: Aqua (Water), Snail Secretion FiltrateButylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sh-Oligopeptide-1, Bee Venom, Plantago Asiatica Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Campestris (Elm) Bark Extract, Althaea Rosea Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Beta-Glucan, Betaine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Adenosine, Panthenol, Allantoin, Pentylene Glycol, Zanthoxylum Piperitum Fruit Extract, Pulsatilla Koreana Extract, Usnea Barbata (Lichen) Extract, Polysorbate 20, Lecithin, Arginine

Cosrx: Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Arginine, Allantoin, Ethyl Hexanediol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol

Benton has 29 ingredients whereas Cosrx only has 12 ingredients. Both of these do not have any alcohol or fragrance which is great. Both of these products share seven similar ingredients but Benton has niacinamide which is also a star ingredient in skincare.




My thoughts

~PACKAGING~

Both has simple pump packaging, easy to dispense


~SCENT~

Benton: It has an almost unnoticeable scent which reminds me of alcohol... 
4/5

Cosrx: It has a slightly stronger scent but it is still mild
3/5


~TEXTURE~
Benton: It has a clear gel texture
5/5

Cosrx: It has a gel texture but it is also stringy/slimy
3/5


~PRODUCT~
Benton: I like how easy this is to spread and it sinks into the skin almost instantly. I love to use generous amounts so it takes more time than when I use a thin layer. This makes my skin so soft and smooth. When I was using this, my skin looks so healthy and I can do with less skincare. I can definitely see the difference this made to my skin. I enjoy using this as a whole and will definitely consider repurchasing this. This is nearly empty now.

4/5


Cosrx: I did not really enjoy the texture because it is stringy. Sometimes the product gets onto my lips when I try to apply it on my face because it is stringy. I have been using this for about two weeks now. I opened this when the Benton is running low so I can compare these two. I believe this is will last me longer as I do not use this as generously as it feels thicker on my skin. I am a little worried this will clog my skin so I use this more sparingly. I think this actually takes a longer time to sink in but once it dries there is no stickiness. I think this has the same result as the Benton. My skin is softer, smoother and looks more radiant. Cosrx provides deeper hydration for my skin. 


3/5



~Recommendation~
I recommend Benton to those with oily or combination skin while Cosrx is more suitable for those with dry skin. Both of these do not contain alcohol, fragrance or essential oil so these are great for those with sensitive skin.




If I have to choose one, it will definitely be Benton as I have combination skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment