Bangkok Trip Day 1 (25 May 2014)

Friday, June 6, 2014

Hello!
Finally started blogging about my trip to Bangkok. This is the second time I am here. The first time was... last year around June but at that time I was not blogging... This time was a short shopping trip! We went around the same time with the same group of people :)

We were so excited about the trip but there were bad news. It seems that it was a little dangerous to go there. So we were all so stressed out... We took a few days to decide whether we should just go or cancel the trip. We saw and know that a few of our friends were there and some just came back. So we asked them whether it was safe. Every one was worried but in the end we decided to go because those that were there should know better.

Hubby sent me to the airport and we were walking around while waiting for my friends. Looking forward to our 4 days 3 nights in Bangkok!

Started window shopping at Klia2!

We arrived at Don Mueng airport at about 4:30pm on 25th May 2014. There was quite a lot of people so we felt better. The taxi queue was not crowded at all... Unlike last year, the queue was crazy and we had to line up for quite a long time just to get a taxi. We were a little surprised.

Selfie at Don Mueng Airport 

I was not so sure why I felt so overwhelmed when the person took my luggage and force it in to the taxi. I was not able to asked about the fare and whether it will be metered and all my stuff were already forced in! Ok. We were cheated again. 400 baht to get to our hotel!

Never mind... We are here to relax! I keep telling myself. So, don't think too much! We saw an army truck on the way to our hotel and we were a little quite very shocked!

Selfie to release stress. Haha...

We arrived at our hotel about 5:20pm. We should have arrived earlier but the taxi driver did not know the exact location of the hotel. He stopped a few times (4 times to be exact) around Pratunam area to ask for directions. We booked our hotel rooms via agoda.com and chose the hotel with best reviews and affordable price. Our choice is Metz Pratunam Hotel. It costs us RM 211.53 per person for 3 nights. Location is good as it is near to Pratunam Market, Baiyoke Market and Platinum Fashion Mall. All within walking distance! We saved a lot on taxis and tuk tuk but still got cheated la...


The reception looks really neat but the space is quite limited. The breakfast area occupies quite a lot of the space. There was a really cute bell that I just need to take a picture really fast.

Really will get a hug?

I was really impressed when I entered the room. Our room was more spacious as compared to the other room. Everything looks clean and tidy.

Our room!
Sorry just the door...

Here we go...

Our extremely comfortable bed...
Whenever we were tired we would think about our bed.

The shower with the glass sliding door...
It looks semi-transparent but actually my friend told me can see inside quite clearly... I was like...

This is me!

The toilet and shower is separate which is good.

The sink with all toiletries there

Hairdryer

The big bottle of shampoo and shower gel

Towels, cotton buds, shower cap and glass

The little fridge

The kettle and drinks

Two bottles of water everyday. The water is a little sweet... strange...

TV.
But we don't have time for you.

Hangers and safety deposit box.

The safety deposit box was a little difficult to use at first. We went down to the reception and told them that the safety deposit box was not working. They were very helpful and sent someone to our room immediately. Fixed... immediately!

Full length mirror outside our room

Everyday we made a mess... Terrible mess...
But after housekeeping...
It's clean again!
We were extremely satisfied with the hotel :)
*clap clap*

We went out for dinner straight away...
Not exactly la... After taking pictures of our room...
We were super hungry...

First stop...


I heard from my friends that it is halal... So if anyone is looking for halal food... Maybe can check this out...

The restaurant is quite small...

Hungry hungry...
Faster decide...

So happy...
Quickly connect and report to hubby and family.
Already report in our room... just in case they were worried so I told them we are eating dinner and at the same time, send yummy pictures over :)

Bangkok buddies

The drinks came first of course.

We ordered orange juice (80 baht), guava juice (60 baht), apple juice (60 baht) and carrot juice (60 baht).
The orange juice is super sweet. Guava juice was pretty tasteless... I don't like carrot juice. Apple juice was fine.
Well, the drinks were so expensive. The orange juice especially...
So annoyed... I could have bought 4 bottles of orange juice from the local markets and they taste just as good... or even better!

Fried Chicken Fried Rice (100 baht)
Not so good in my opinion... The fried rice was pretty tasteless...
The fried chicken was just okay... A little too dry...

Seafood Fried Rice (100 baht)
This is very similar to the fried chicken fried rice...
The fried chicken is replaced with the seafood...

Kraprow Seafood & Egg (120 baht)
This is a little spicy.
According to my friend, it is quite nice.

Padthai Chicken (100 baht)
Best dish out of all :)
I mean in this restaurant.

Comes with chili powder, sugar, fish sauce and pickled chili (I think)
Not sure what to do with these...
Haha... forgive us please...

After dinner is shopping time!

First stop is Pratunam Market!

Cheap stuff here... Come... come...
I was not very excited... I mean I was but I need to control myself!
First day only... you see... I need to be in control!

But....

I bought... shorts (jeans) for 50 baht... bamboo comb for 100 baht, sandals for 100 baht and ear ring for 5 baht...
Managed to keep track of the things I bought on the first day!


I think I am still under control!

My friend looked at the sky and say... let's take a picture...

Pretty sky

At about 8 pm, we were headed to the nigh market at Palladium Mall...
We asked the tuk tuk driver how much to get there...
We were cheated again.
I think it was only 2-3 minutes away and he charged us 80 baht...
I seriously wanted to scold him... but... I have no guts...
So we walked away silently...
Anyway we were happy to be able to shop la...


The clothes, bags, shoes and everything here is a little more expensive than Pratunam Market!
There were a lot of DIY goodies here so we came...

We saw an old lady at one of the stall. We looked at the shoes thinking we should buy from her... cos she is old and still working at this hour... Turns out she could speak Chinese and told us "Don't just look if you are not buying." Of course, we turned away and left... Feeling quite annoyed... How can we buy the shoes if we don't look at the shoes.

Other than food, I only bought a shirt for 100 baht there... because the lady was so kind and polite...
I bought it...



Bought some random food at the night market and 7 eleven (my favorite place in Bangkok)
Chicken wings (15 baht), cheese hot dog (20 baht), pork balls (10 baht), big bottle of Vitagen (25 baht), cup noodles (15 baht and 10 baht).

Everything was so yummy...
Except the pork balls...
It was so strange...
Sour and I cannot describe the taste...
I try to swallow but I cannot...
Spit it out immediately and went to the sink to gargle...
The taste lingered in my mouth for a while...

My friend asked me how was it...
My reply was strange... and I ask her to try...
She put it in to her mouth... damn smart la her!
She did not bite... She look at my reaction silently...
When I spit... She also spit... but her pork ball is still in one piece...

After supper it is pillow-talk time...
Then halfway we fell asleep...

Tomorrow will be a long day!

Thank you for reading and stay tune for Day 2 of the trip :)



**Related Posts**
Bangkok Trip Day 2
Bangkok Trip Day 3

1 comment:

  1. Impressive list! You're giving so much of information. Thanks for the post.Keep it up. Motel in Cherokee IA
    Motel in Iowa

    ReplyDelete