Hong Kong Trip August 2014

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Finally had the time to blog about this trip!
Well, I had been a little busy... travelling...
A few days after my holiday in Hong Kong comes to an end, my next trip was already waiting for me!

Trying really hard to recall... 
*flipping through all the photos to recall*

Day 1: 16 August 2014

At the airport...

Little sis captured this :)

With little sis and bro

Our sister who was married over to HK came with her husband to the airport.
Brought us back to their place by train...

Views I took on the train!

Us on the train!

We stayed at Yau Ma Tei area :)
Super near to shopping paradise, Mongkok!

Super near to everything I love...
Sasa was next door (almost)
Then Mannings (Guardians in Malaysia) and Colormix were a bit further (still near)

Nice  place but...

The lift is ancient antique old!
Each time it stops at the floor it will sort of bounce erm tremble...
Not sure if that is a suitable word....
A little scary at first but kind of got used to it later on...

Selfie!

The two of us love taking selfies... so... yeap just us!

Met my sister's mother in law...
Served us tea and cherries!
Never really liked cherries but it was really nice :)


After a little chatting, time for lunch/tea!

The place was pretty near:)
Reaching the place soon!

Us again :)

 Really nice :)

Food was really nice!

After tea time.... Shopping time!
We went around scouting for cheapest price...
Before we finally decided to buy...
There were uncountable Sasa, Colormix, Bonjour outlets and a few Mannings and Watsons outlets...
There were a lot  of Korean skincare outlets there...
Innisfree, Holika Holika, Laneige, Etude House, Missha, Skinfood and more...
Cannot remember all;)

We were just around Sai Yeung Choi Street...
Skincare heaven :))

Then time for dinner...
My sister's mother in law prepared dinner for us...
Very kind of her :)

Hong Kong Style home made dinner

After dinner, time to shop some more...
Spend time super wisely shopping and bought some skincare products on the first day :)

Day 1 skincare haul...

Super in control the first day :)

Super exhausted... no mood to do my daily skincare routine...
Just want to lie down and sleep >.<

Day 2: 17 August 2014


Nothing much actually...
Went shopping the whole day...
This became more  of a shopping trip all of a sudden...

Not sure if you can see...
Bonjour, sasa and colormix is just next to each other!
Great for comparing prices...
Each outlets carries some different products

Every 5 minutes (somehow it felt like every 5-10 steps) there will be one sasa, bonjour, color mix or other skincare outlets...
It is so amazing...
At every corner, every street, everywhere the outlets were extremely crowded!
It is even worse during weekends... Cannot really move around...
Shopping like tuna!

Super hungry after shopping for the whole morning until afternoon...
I think it was about 3pm
Bought some local snacks to try...

Jia Ji Snacks

Food... More Food!

Brought these home as dad and brother was home...
The curry fish balls and fish balls were plain to us...
The fried sotong was super nice
The sausage was super big... a little scary...
The bbq sotong was meh...
Stinky tofu was just okay... I prefer those I had in Taiwan...

My sister bought these for us :)
Hong Kong egglets were plain...
I love the cheesy fries...

This is super!

Dinner on second night prepared by her mother in law...

Skincare haul on the second day...

Still in control?
Hmmm...

Day 3: 18 August 2014
Ocean park day!

On  the  way to Ocean park!
Took a cab :)
It is about half an hour away...

Reached!

The queue was super long...
We managed  to get into the park at around 11;45 am

A lot of selfie time!

She suddenly came in...

She did not notice me...  I think

No idea what I was doing...
If you look closely, that girl is busy taking selfie behind me...
Lol

Finally inside
I look super happy right?

First stop was....

First time seeing a panda up close...
So cute!

This panda is super cute!
Sleeping position is so funny XD

My worst nightmare!
Extreme fear of heights >.<

Had to queue for 45 minutes to ride the cable car...
So, we left for ocean express...
I was so relieved!

Left: The queue
Right: My brother and I inside the ocean express

Our first ride!
Raging river
20 minutes in queue... still okay :)
We started from the end... Waiting time was still good...

Quite fun... a little wet...
Someone was standing at the front of the queue selling raincoats
HKD 40 for one... I think and there was also a family package... 2 adult raincoats and 2 children raincoats at a promotion rate...

Next ride was...

Space wheel... It is a little like ferris wheel... A faster version
The queue was short...

I was quite dizzy after the ride... but still ok...
I guess...

Our last ride...

Why?
We only managed to get on 3 rides
Queue for most rides were more than an hour
Furthermore, many rides were suspended due to bad weather...
It was raining on and off...
When it started raining, we were poked by umbrellas like mad...
We could only see umbrellas everywhere...

We were on the way back to the Ocean Express...
My brother thought I teleported into the train because I was pushed into the ocean express at a very high speed.
People kept pushing... It is rare for us to walk normally. We walk like turtle because of people-jam! Or walked extremely fast because of the pushing... Or complete standstill!

I love dolphins so much!

Look at the crowd!
Super scary >.<'''

Dolphins and sea lions performing...
I asked little sister to be the photographer because I wanted to concentrate on the dolphins...
Lol

Penguins...
The one on the right is very lonely...

It was super cold in there... I passed my phone to my brother and rushed out after a while...
I cannot take the cold!

The aquarium was not as big as I had expected...
It was extremely crowded

Sting rays, sharks and some other fishes...
The staff kept repeating no flash in three different languages but no one listened...
Pity the staff... repeating non stop...

Jellyfish, gold fish... and a lot of fishes!
Very pretty but a little difficult to take pictures and it was extremely crowded...

Little sis was really naughty...
She simply pointed to the direction and some people really thought there was something there so they kept on looking at the direction... but actually there was nothing... Hehe

See the difference?
The sky was still bright when we queued at the end of the queue...
Then it became dark... and we were finally in front!

We queued for taxi for about 2 hours
We were tired, hungry and cold... 
When we were finally at the front of the queue, we felt totally relieved and when there is a taxi, it felt as thought we just hit the jackpot!
A lot of taxi were not willing to go to Kowloon area so we waited for a long time for one taxi!
Everyone waited until angry, China tourists scolded the security guard... Pity the guards

We tried to ask for directions from the security to get back to our place but she ignored us. When we tried again she pretended not to see us and said in a very rude tone, I don't have time to answer your questions just go and queue at the back of the line

China tourists tried to cut our taxi queue. We had been queueing for 45 minutes. Of course we did not allow and the teenage girl rolled her eyes when we stopped them. I could already feel that they wanted to cut the queue because they weren't in line and maybe it's instinct (haha... actually it was quite obvious).

It was raining on and off so the umbrellas kept poking us. So we used our hand to protect ourselves or push the umbrella away >,<

No shopping because too tired!
The ticket was so expensive... not worth it :(

Day 4: 19 August 2014

On average, we shopped for around 8-9 hours each day!

Just shopping around Mongkok area is enough!

Suddenly bought a lot more because we were at the Ocean Park the whole day yesterday!
Revenge?

I noticed my skin was breaking out... a few pimples on the forehead and a whole family of tiny bumps on my cheeks... *staring at the mirror a lot*

Not just because I skipped my daily skincare routine...
I think it was the weather or air...
My sisters breaks out a lot there too...
Hmmm...

Day 5: 20 August 2014

Mostly shopping time! Mongkok again!

Left: All the products we bought
Right: Free samples given

Happy me :)

 Hauls from Bonjour!

Hauls from Mannings!

Day 6: 21 August 2014
After the incidents at the Ocean Park, my father and brother decided to stay at home.
Finally, we decided to go to see the laser/light show.
We walked all the way to Tsim  Sha Tsui...

We followed the road signs as though we were cars... lol

It was about 45 minutes by foot...
Super tired and boring...
Lol... because no shopping was involved!
If there was a little shopping involved, I would not be tired!

When we were finally near Tsim Sha Tsui and I saw Sasa my eyes were gleaming! *bling bling*
The shops at Tsim Sha Tsui are so big and all the big brands are there!

LV, Gucci, Dior, Miu Miu and more...

Finally reached our destination but we were late!
Only a little late... We missed it!

Posing again!

Let's look at a few pictures of the place...



Super pretty... It is a pity we missed the show :(

When we were on the way home I feel much more energetic!
Why?
Beause daddy said I could go shop a little and I was super excited...
Although it was a little late already...

Watsons. Mannings, Banjour and Sasa are super huge here!
Not enough time to shop there... Very sad...

Went home and...

Bird Nest with papaya and fresh milk
It is a little strange to me...
Never tried before...
Gave it a chance and I like it!

I decided to go back to Tsim Sha Tsui the next day,..
But once we got home...
We changed our mind...
Just shop around Mongkok area la..
So freaking tired already... lol

Day 6 skincare haul
Includes my favorite jelly masks from Annie's Way!
Free spatula!

Day 7: 22 August 2014


Haul of the day :)
Innisfree, My Scheming, Annecy, Skinfood, Collagen by Watsons, It's Skin and Elizavecca

Day 8: 23 August 2014

Our last night here...
Of course we still have a lot of last minute shopping to do...
Never ending...

We accidentally stumbled upon one of my favorite....

 Purin!

I felt a little embarrassed because some kids were there...
I squeezed in anyway...

Little sis wanted to take a photo... so ok la... I go in... Haha
Hello Kitty is not my fav but it was not crowded...

Then it is time for dinner.
Brother in law brought us for buffet at Miyazaki!

The menu!

The food was nice and fresh
Totally loved it!

Sushi, sashimi and prawns!

The fresh salmon were very small so we ordered like mad...
There was a two hour time limit so our mouths were super busy... lol

One bite beef were super yummy!
We ordered this again and again!

Salads, tempuras and fried dumplings...
All super yummy... I dislike salad only...

I love the varieties they have there.
Managed to try a lot of different food...
But still love fresh salmon and the one bite beef the most!

We ordered a lot of other food but it did not came... and we forgot bout our desserts...
We ordered but it never came...
We only realized that after time was up!

Went for dessert after that...

Ocio!

Nice desserts... Presentation was great... Taste was great for most...
I love them :)
Creme brulee was kind of plain...

Okay... Okay...
I kind of forgot the taste...
It was already midnight... lol

On the last day, I tried to control myself really hard!
Only four products!

Time to go home...
Kind of glad to go home... because of my skin condition!

To see my skincare haul, click here!

Tips!
1. Wear comfortable clothes because it is super hot and crowded
2. If you want to get rid of the salesperson, speak English. Only works at Mongkok. My sister told me to avoid doing that in Tsim Sha Tsui (they speak English)
3. Colormix, Sasa and Bonjour sells products at a cheaper price as compared to Watsons and Mannings
4. If you want to save money, when going to Ocean Park or Disneyland bring some food or water. We were told the security guards will check our bags but they did not. Maybe luck?

That's all!
Thank you for reading :)
I know it is a little long...

No comments:

Post a Comment