Second trimester


Sunday, December 12, 2018

It has been almost six months since I last blogged. I have been busy with baby boy and work. Finally I managed to squeeze in some time to update my blog. I just realized I actually miss blogging. I will try to blog more after Christmas, maybe!

Finally in my second trimester!

I was looking forward because (according to my app) second trimester is the most comfortable period.

I went for my check up on 30 May 2017. Baby is 15 weeks! I was glad to see baby. Baby is not very active. The doctor had to poke my tummy to make baby move. The placenta was a little higher now. I was more relieved. I feel so happy seeing baby but I do wish that baby moves around more. lol

My morning sickness was still quite bad on the days when I did not had enough sleep. Other than that, everything else was ok. On 7 June 2017, there was a sharp pain in my chest. It was short and sudden. It lasted a second or two at most.

On 10 June 2017, I woke up in the middle of the night because of cramps! It had already started? I went out the next day in the afternoon to buy milk powder. That night I started drinking the milk and no cramps for now. My belly looks less like a food baby now. It is becoming a little hard to hide the bump now...

On 13 June 2017, baby is 17 weeks! It is also time for our routine check up. We thought we will find out the gender today but baby was in a crawling position. Baby is not cooperative. lol. My blood test result came out. Everything seems fine except low red blood cell count. The doctor said it is not something I should be worried about.

On 17 June 2017, my legs started hurting. It is not cramps. It just feels sore and painful when I walk and bend over. It's strange. Then a few days later, my left arm and wrist is in pain. I thought it might be my sleeping posture but decided to Google it anyway. Surprisingly, it is pretty common. 70% of pregnant women experienced it in the second or third trimester. The pain was disturbing. I lose my appetite for food because of that. lol. My body is aching all over, I feel so old!

Baby is 18 weeks old (20 June 2017) but I still cannot really feel baby kicking. I think baby kicked but I am not sure. lol. It's strange.

On 26 June 2016, I finally felt baby kicking. I mean I am sure baby kicked me a few times! My throat felt dry for the past few weeks and I felt that there was a lump at the back of my throat. Turns out it was not odd at all. lol. It just feels extremely uncomfortable. The next day, (27 June 2017) we went for prenatal check up and finally found out the gender of baby. Everything seemed to be normal. I started gaining weight. lol

Since baby started kicking, hubby and I spent more time together at night. Singing and talking to baby. On 29 June 2017, I felt baby kicking harder than usual. I took hubby's hand and placed it on my tummy, where baby kicked. Suddenly hubby was excited and surprised because he felt baby kicking. We continue talking and singing to baby. Hubby tried to listen to baby and baby kicked his ear. lol. Hubby was very excited when he felt baby kicking. I felt so happy being able to feel it.

On 7 July 2017, there was cramp in my stomach! It was painful. I thought something was wrong with baby. I asked hubby to try to listen to baby. He told me he could feel baby kicking him. lol. I did not feel any kicks. Hubby could count baby kicking more than 10 times. Baby was really active. lol
Since baby was active, I guess the cramp was normal. Baby is kicking much more than usual now. Not just at night.

On 13 July 2017, hubby was busy with work and needed some encouragement. He put his head on my belly and was surprised that he heard baby's heartbeat. He was positive it was not mine because it was really fast. He listened to my heartbeat and said mine was really slow. He tried to locate baby's heartbeat again and tap on my tummy to show me how different the heartbeat was. lol. I went online to check and saw that some were able to hear baby's heartbeat at 26 weeks. Baby is only 21 weeks at the moment but hubby was extremely positive he could hear it!

Throughout this week, I notice baby is way more active. At 22 weeks I noticed a pattern. He moves around a lot between 5:30 am to 7 am. After I had lunch baby will be active for a while. Finally baby is very active at night up till midnight.

I find it to be more difficult to sleep on the left side now. Maybe because my belly is so big now.

At 23 weeks, I notice my belly is growing very quickly. My belly button is going to pop out soon. lol. I can feel the stretch on my tummy as baby grows inside. Sometimes I feel a little pain on my tummy from the stretching, I guess. Morning sickness came back this week as well... It is really bad in the morning. Baby is active when I had sweet or spicy food. We're guessing that he likes it!

At 25 weeks, my belly button popped out. My tummy feels heavy... I started applying coconut oil and shea butter to my tummy now and then... I am still lazy... I cannot wear most of my clothes now. I keep away those I cannot wear for now because it becomes really difficult to get the one that I can wear. Somehow, I just want to eat salad all the time. Strange cravings. I start to find it a little difficult to sleep at night because of my tummy. I can feel baby moving so much more now which is very comforting.

At 27 weeks, I had occasional leg cramps. Actually just a few times. My belly button popped out completely. I find my tummy heavy. Difficult to move around now. lol. I love vegetables more than meat now. I cannot fit into my usual clothes now because my tummy is so big now. Baby is very active kicking almost all the time. Baby is so strong now. Sometimes it hurts when baby kicks. White discharge has increased a lot. I need to change my underwear more often now unless I use panty liners. It is disgusting.

That is all for my second trimester diary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment