Skincare routine for Dry-Combination Skin

Tuesday, January 07, 2020


Hello to a brand new year! I hope this year will be a better year!
I have been away for way too long. If I remember correctly I had been pretty much inactive ever since I had my son in 2017. I hope this will be the year of revival for my blog. lol

I have been thinking about the contents I wanted to include here, this year. I think I want to start this year with something that I have not done in a long time, which is my updated skincare routine. I am already in my thirties and my routine has changed drastically since the last time I shared my routine in 2014. Wow! That was 6 years ago! Okay, let's jump straight into it!

My morning routine is quick and simple because I need to get my son ready for preschool after getting ready.


Step 1: CLEANSE
I have been using water to cleanse in the morning for a few years now. My face is pretty dry most of the time so I prefer to cleanse with water in the morning.

Step 2: TONER
I have been using Nightingale Daily Derma Eraser Toner - Lemon Tea Tree. Previously, I was using the Mild version. I love the toners from this brand as it contains AHA & BHA to remove dead skin cells, impurities and sebum and it is gentle enough for daily use. I can definitely see the changes it did for my skin since I started using this. Sometimes, I use this twice a day.

Step 3: SERUM/ESSENCE
I have been alternating between Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence and Purito Green Level Buffet Serum. Both of the serums are good for my morning routine as they are light and very easy to spread. They sink in to the skin almost instantly which is also great when I am in a rush. I have been using both of these for a while and I really like them.

Step 4: MOISTURIZER
Moisturizer is one of the skincare products I am struggling with. I am currently using Skin & Lab Barrierderm Intensive Cream. I did not really like it at first and actually until now I am not sure. It looks like a thick cream but it is easy to spread and feels light and oily on the skin. Not sure if this makes sense. This is an okay moisturizer but I think I will continue searching for another one once this is empty.

Step 5: SUNBLOCK
I am using A'Pieu Pure Block Natural Sun Cream SPF 45 PA+++ at the moment and I already have a new one in line. Kanebo Allie Extra UV Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ is one of the sunscreen I have been wanting to try for the longest time (as well as the one from Shiseido Anessa) and finally it is available at Watsons! The current sunblock I am using is not bad. It is a cream just like the name suggested, spreads easily but sometimes there will be white cast when I am rushing. The scent is something I hate and it does feel a little oily. I usually use a little powder to get rid of the shine and oiliness of the sun cream.


Step 1: DOUBLE CLEANSE
I will use Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water for days when I use sunblock and on the days when I use a little more makeup I will use Unlabel Botanical Moist Gel Cleansing. Both of these are easy to use and can remove makeup and sunscreen effectively.

Step 2: CLEANSE
I am currently alternating between Chica Y Chico Killing Star Cleanser and Sana Nameraka Honpo Soymilk Cleanser. I use the cleanser from Chica Y Chico more when I feel that my pores are clogged and need a deeper cleanse. When my skin feels a little on the dry side, I will use the cleanser from Sana.

Step 3: EXFOLIATE(1-2 times a week)
I started using Cosrx AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid a while ago. It did not irritate my skin in any way but I did not see any effect from using this.

Step 4: FIRST ESSENCE
I am currently using Purito Fermented Complex 94 Boosting Essence. I did not like this at first but it grew on me over time. Now I actually enjoy layering this on my skin depending on my skin condition. If I feel like I need extra cleansing, I will use Nightingale Daily Derma Eraser Toner - Lemon Tea Tree before using the first essence.

Step 5: TONER
I love this Pyungkang Yul Essence Toner. My skin loves how hydrating this is and it is not sticky. When I only use one layer of the boosting essence (above) I will usually use a few layers of this toner.

Step 6: SERUM/ESSENCE
Same as above

Step 7: MOISTURIZER
Same as above


I still use sheet masks from time to time. I prefer to use Taiwanese brand sheet masks such as My Scheming, Beauty Mate, Sexy Look and Lovemore. I also enjoy using clay masks (T-zone) and jelly masks only when I have the time. I still love taking care of my skin but when I am too busy I will skip most of the steps and only use what I think my skin needs. I think this updated routine is actually less time consuming and shorter as compared to my previous skincare routine.


That's all!
Thank you for reading
I hope this year is treating all of you well!

Bye and see you soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment