First impressions + Mini reviews (5)

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Hello, hello :)
I am finally back after more than six months...
I have been busy with work and taking care of the household and the little one...
I didn't think I would be back but here I am :)

1. Y.E.T Silky Powder (nude pink)
I bought this because it was on sale on my favorite website, koreadepart. I did not have any  loose powder before this so I just needed one for a beginner in makeup. This is easy to use. I did not notice anything bad about it except... It has a strange smell. lol. I avoid breathing when I use it. lol. I avoid using the puff because the scent is extra strong... This is the first loose powder I had tried so, I cannot judge so much. Overall I think it is decent.



2. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Water Coating Aqua Brightening Mask
When I bought this, I thought it is a pack mask. Turns out it is a sleeping mask  I love the brand because I had tried two products from the brand previously. Those products were great for me. I was so excited when I finally decided to open this. I was turned off by the scent. It has a strong scent. It has a gel kind of texture. which is super easy to spread. I only use a little for my whole face. It feels oily on my skin and takes forever to sink into my skin. It just feels like it is sitting on top of my skin. I did not really enjoy this at all. After using this for about a week, I did notice my skin is a little bit brighter but this was not suitable for my skin. There were more whiteheads around my nose area. I am not sure whether it clogs my pores. Anyway, I did not enjoy any part of this. Seriously, this was a major disappointment I had with this brand.




3. Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask
I bought this together with the Brightening Mask above. I bought most of the products from Elizavecca from my trip to Hong Kong. Finally I am able to try this mask. This was quite popular. I saw a lot of pictures of this on Instagram! It has a strange scent to it. I cannot describe it but it is nearly unbearable for me. lol. I prefer scentless products. Anyway the clay mask is super easy to spread. I find it difficult to wash off by hand. It was easier to wash off with a facial sponge. I love how clean my pores are after using this but it is a little drying. It does make my skin super soft and smooth but after a while my skin feels tight. I usually use a heavier moisturizer or do a sheet mask afterwards to fix that problem. Sometimes I only use this on my T zone. It helps to control the oil on my T zone without making my cheeks super dry. I love this. It is also fun! I might repurchase this when my mask stash is low.



4. Carmex Cherry Blossom Moisturizing Lip Balm
I bought this from my previous trip to Taiwan. I saw a few blogs recommended this so I wanted to try. I was so excited when I saw this and bought it immediately. I tried it but the first thing I notice was the scent. It was so strong I can smell it the entire time I had it on my lips. It has a cooling effect and the lip balm just sits on my lip. I am not using this on a regular basis because the scent puts me off. I am glad I only purchase one of this. I guess I will give it away.



5. Naturie Aloe Skin Conditioner
I bought this because it was a steal. I did not have high hopes for this after trying the Loofah Skin conditioner from the same brand. I was not extremely disappointed because I had expected it. Alcohol was high on the ingredient list and the product itself smelled like alcohol. I am definitely not happy with this toner. I would not recommend this as Hatomugi Skin Conditioner was way better!


6. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Tinted Day Moisturizer
I received this from a giveaway. It is easy to spread. It has a pretty strong chemical kind of scent. It provides a little coverage. I like that it evens out the skin tone and somehow makes my skin looks brighter. It is not sticky. Hydration is decent but I do prefer to apply another layer of sun protection. SPF 15 is not enough for me. Whenever I use this, I will make sure to remove it completely by double cleansing. I like it but not enough to make me repurchase this.



7. Dr. Douxi Premium Snail Aloe Repair Jelly
I bought this on my previous trip to Taiwan. I was addicted to jelly masks at the time and when I saw a new brand with jelly mask, I just had to try it! It had a strong scent. The texture is much more liquid that I had expected. I cannot spread a thick layer on my face because I was worried it will slipped right off. I had a thin layer on for about 10 minutes. It was soothing on my face. After washing it off, my face was softer, smoother and hydrated. I used this on my skin when it was irritated and it did a great job soothing it. Other than the fact that the texture was too watery, I love this.



8. Gobdi Goun Placenta Power Visible Skin Improvement Cellulose Gel Mask
Wow... The name was definitely long! Little sis gave this to me to try. I finally tried it after a very long time. It was messy at first when I was unfolding the mask. All the essence was on my hand. It was quite a hassle. The essence is not clear and watery like the usual sheet masks I am used to. It has a thicker white gel consistency. It has a light pleasing scent. I like that it is not one piece so it fits my face so much better. I can move around easily while doing this mask. I do not follow instructions. I just cannot wait for the essence to be absorbed into the skin. I am already used to washing off the remaining essence on my face, so I did. My face looks a little brighter and feels so plump and smooth. I love how it makes my skin feels.



9. TCM Cubilose Pearl Sleeping Pack
I have tried a couple of sleeping packs from this brand previously. It has the typical herbal scent that is quite similar to the others. I am used to herbal scent so this is not a problem for me. I find this to be a little on the heavy side. It feels oily and sticky upon application but becomes minimal after a while.



10. Skin1004 Zombie Nose Pack

The first nose pack I tried was from Holika Holika (full review here). It was not too bad but not awesome as well. Step 1 is a mask meant for the nose. It has a light citrus scent. It is supposed to open up the pores. No irritation or difference after using it. Step 2 is extremely painful! It did not do anything. No blackheads, whiteheads or even tiny hairs! Somehow my nose looks clearer. Step 3 has a stronger citrus scent. I love the jelly like texture but unfortunately it did not do anything! To be honest, I was hoping it will be better than Holika Holika. Too bad, this did not work for me.


Thank you for taking your time to read my post.
It's been a while since my last post. Hopefully this will be a little helpful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment