Review: Holika Holika Pig Nose Clear Black Head 3-Step Kit

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Hello everyone :)

This is the first Holika Holika products that I will review...
I have mixed feelings on this products...
Hmm...

I bought this in Hong Kong...
I saw a lot of people buying this (as though it was free)
So it seemed to be a good product

I bought one to tried while I was still in Hong Kong...
The result was amazing!

At that time I was extremely amazed with the results but I did not take a picture of it...
The next day, I went back to the shop to buy 10 more of these babies!
As I thought I finally found something great to get rid of black heads!

There was a BUT
...
..
.

Let's get started!

This is the packaging
It is so cute!

Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Erythritol, Trehalose, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Diospyros Kaki Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantifola (Lime) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum) 



Step 1 open your pores

Directions:
After cleansing, place it on nose for 15-20 minutes
Remove it slowly and wipe off any blackhead or impurities from pores

This is how step 1 looks like...

The essence

It has a lemon or lime like scent.
Stings a little when I use step 1 (every single time)
It is extremely wet
The pore strip is really thin
I guess it really does opens up the pore



Step 2 removes blackhead

Directions:
Wet nose with water, remove transparent film and place on nose
Slowly remove dried pad after 10-15 minutes

After I used it the 2nd time...
I don't  think you can see anything...

It has a traditional chinese medicine kind of scent
The pore strip is pink in colour and sticky
It is the same as the normal nose strip like Biore's
I tried Biore's before but never worked for me...
A lot of blackheads and whiteheads were removed from the strip the first time using this
Not really effective the 2nd and 3rd time
Maybe just a little whiteheads and hairs... lol



Step 3 minimizes pores

Directions:
Place on nose and remove after 5-10 minutes

It has 3 layers...
Not sure if you can see...

It has the same scent as Step 1
The texture is jelly like and pretty slippery
It is a little oily
Not sure if it closes pores
My nose is sticky and oily after removing

Pros
:) Works wonders sometimes
:) I love the texture of Step 3


Cons
:( Did not work well most of the time
:( Step 2 was painful when removing
:( Consume too much time

Rating: 2.5/5
Repurchase: Maybe not... as the odds of it being wonderful is much lower

4 comments:

  1. My best go to nose pore strips are the ones from Watsons. Works so much better than Biore (which did nothing for me). But the strips does hurt a little when removing, but I got used to it. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendation! I will try it out soon...

      Delete
  2. But I just bought lots cause u said it's really good! T___TAnd every where sold out. Finally saw in bonjour selling at hkd9 and limit 2 per customer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it first... lol. Maybe it will work for you? It was true when I tried it at HK...

      Delete