Bangkok Trip Ends (27 May 2014)

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Totally prepared for another shopping day!
I will say today is the best one :)

I was totally out of control and broke...
I was really broke... no joke ok!

I had no more money for dinner or taxi...

Let’s start from the beginning...
Woke up late because we were too tired...
Went for breakfast at 7:30 am...

Top: Sausages and fried egg
Bottom: Sausages and Thai Style Omelet

Four of us before starting our shopping spree...

My friend wanted coffee so badly... 
So we waited for her to get her coffee...
She said it is so nice and cheap.
12 baht only!

The cup is super cute :)

After breakfast we went to Baiyoke Market...
We had not much expectations...
Well, the other day when we were at the night market in front of Palladium Mall, we saw something we really like but we kept telling ourselves, there will be cheaper ones...
We did not buy it and regret like crazy...
It was 180 baht.
Kept on searching for the particular top...
Then finally saw it there... At Baiyoke morning market!
Without a second thought we bought the top!


Only to realize that there were better ones later on....


The ones we saw later were sold at the same price...
100 baht each
BUT...
The straps were adjustable!

We only managed to shop for a while there because it started raining...
Super sad... 
So near yet so far...
The vendors started packing!!!


At first we wanted to go back to the hotel...
But I ended up leading my friends to Baiyoke Gallery...
More shopping...
We were all out of control!
The clothes here were so cheap!
We were there for about 4 hours... 
We were so hungry and tired...
Went back to the hotel to put all the shopping bags...
Too heavy to carry around....
Took a short rest and tried out the clothes we bought!

At around 2 pm we went hunting for food...
We went separately... One group hunting for halal food, another group hunting for street food...

We bought some drinks and food and went back to the hotel...

Not sure what this is but just bought one of each kind back to try...
Not bad... Even though I dislike veggies...
The uncle can speak Hokkien...
Easier to communicate :)

Went all the way back to the hotel ordered some food and started eating the food we bought earlier :)

My tummy starting hurting...
Too much shopping and forgot to eat on time :(

Chicken Tomyam (100 baht)
AND
Padthai noodle (120 baht)

Very happy with the food here :)

Of course, we continued shopping :)
Last minute shopping for our family and friends...

Went to Pratunam Market...
Bought what we needed...
I went all in...
I only had less than RM 10 on me...


Then we headed to Big C to buy some snacks... For friends and family...
I only bought a few... Borrowed money from friend to buy snacks...

Some of the snacks were cheaper over at Platinum Fashion Mall so we went all the way there to buy those...
My feet was dead... tired!
Sorry I mistreated you guys
*sayang my feet at night la*

Forgot to take pictures of the snacks...
Gave all away...

Went to buy dinner (near Blutique Hotel)


First stop...

Fishies!

We ordered for green papaya salad.
The lady was really fast and kind.
She let customers try whether it is too sour or too spicy...
When babe choked/coughed a little, she gave her a slice of apple :)

Rice with omelet.
We waited for quite a while to get this.
A lot of people ordered from this stall

Last stop is... 7 eleven!

Went back to hotel shower and sayang my feet...
Babe paid for dinner... I’m really thankful :)
I had nothing left
Or else I will just sleep without dinner ;)

Pomegranate juice is super nice :)
Chocolate milk is the same la.. Just feel like drinking :)
Bulgaria yogurt... First time eating this...

I like the dark blue one better coz it is sour :)
The light blue one is too sweet... for me
The green papaya salad is super nice...
The rice with omelet is ok la... I like the omelet but rice too dry >.<
I love the fish especially the sauce!

***

Haul from Baiyoke morning market

100 baht each

450 baht for two

Haul from Baiyoke Gallery


Out of control so price also cannot remember clearly...

Pratunam market


Best places to shop for cheap clothes (my opinion)
Chatuchak (no time to go)
Baiyoke Market and Gallery
Pratunam Market

It is still safe to go Bangkok but just have to be careful.
During our stay there, we did not see any rally or anything of that sort.
Everything is normal... People go to work, go to school, taxi drivers and tuk tuk drivers all try to bring tourists (like us) to MBK or Siam area (and try to charge us as high as possible), people shopping everywhere we go...

Everything is normal... We nearly canceled our trip because of the news we saw back at home... 
That is because the news did not show us the normal (everyday) life there...
When my friends ask about the curfew, the Thai people just laugh at them...
They don’t even care, it seems...
And we were so obedient... Went back to hotel early and chit chat...

Anyway, we definitely enjoyed this trip a lot :)



**Related Posts**
Bangkok Trip Day 1
Bangkok Trip Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment