Myeong Dong Bbq Buffet @ Mount Austin

Saturday, April 23, 2016

I love Korean food.
I wanted to try this place for over a week now.

After watching The Jungle Book, we went for lunch (10 April 2016).


The place is quite small in my opinion


We were seated near the entrance.


This is the meat section

There is literally no choice!
It was all pork!
PORK only.
The difference is the sauce on the meat.
Not impressed with this.


This is the salad section... lol

There is not much choice here as well.
The only thing I took was Kimchi

I love the Kimchi.
Love it!



The meat up close



Cooking the meat


To be very honest, I was disappointed when I saw the range of food available.
There was nothing much.
There were only pork marinated with different sauce.
The amount of pork was very little and they do take a while to refill it.
I guess that they wanted to make sure the meat is fresh but some of the trays were empty for quite some time.
We waited for quite a while for a few items.

Then there was kimchi soup.
There was not enough soup and we waited for maybe half an hour for it to be refilled.
I enjoyed the kimchi soup with ramen more than the pork.
Sadly, the kimchi soup did not impress me as well...


The soup to cook the ramen!

Oh, we even waited for a while for the ramen to be refilled.
There were about 6 tables there including us.
I was there with hubby, who did not enjoy Korean food in general.
The worst part was the range of food.
Hubby dislike pork in general and I brought him to a place where they only serve pork.
lol lol


Finally, desserts!

The chocolate ice cream was the better than the vanilla.
No idea why the vanilla melted so fast.


The bill came up to RM 49.
The price for adult is RM 22
We ordered a green tea which came in a bottle for RM 5


Overall, I think (maybe) I am expecting too much.
Hubby said it is not too bad as it only cost RM 22 for each person.

The place was freaking hot.
Food range was limited.
Refill time was slow.
Food quality is average.

I did not enjoy my meal there.
Chance of revisting this place is 0%

I wanted to like this place but...


Myeong Dong Bbq Buffet 
No. 58-1, Jalan Austin Height 8/7,
Taman Mount Austin,
81100, Johor Bahru

1 comment:

  1. your hubby was right, you cant expect more for just only rm22, other bbq shop is costly.

    ReplyDelete