Kaohshiung Day 11 | Cijin Island | January 2017

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

We checked out early.
We took a bus (NT12) and changed to MRT (NT17)

We left our luggage at our room.
We took MRT to Yanchengpu (NT17)

Our destination was Pier 2 Art Center 駁二藝術特區

We spent less than 10 minutes here.
Not really our cup of tea...

I had planned to go to this place (永和小籠湯包 ) for breakfast but it was not opened yet...
In the end, we went for McDonald's...

NT156

It was ok.
I have nothing much to say about it actually.
Haha.

Time to continue our journey!
MRT to Siziwan NT17

Take exit 1 and there will be signs pointing to the Gushan Ferry Pier
or...
Just follow the crowd!

I will say it was quite safe to follow the crowd...


We paid NT25 each with easycard to get to Cijin Island 旗津島
Us on the ferry @ 11:30 am

We reached in about 10-15 minutes.

I was so excited to start my eating adventure here!
I had a list of food to eat here.
I did a lot of research >,<

This was one of the first stall we saw!
NT45

The place was run down and dirty.
Yes, I was a little skeptical at first but decided to order one anyway.

The staff was... well... not friendly.

Anyway, the taste was really good.
I was surprised.
I actually wanted to order another bowl but I was afraid of stuffing myself.
I love the soup, which means most of the meat were left untouched.

I totally recommend this!

We needed to buy some drinks while exploring the island so we went to 7-eleven.
NT40 for 2

We wanted to try this but we did not really like it.
Not our cup of tea.

At first, we decided to walk around the island.
We saw the beach.


We saw some tourists riding on electrical bicycle and we were curious. We walked around looking to rent one.
lol

Finally found it!

Electrical bicycle

NT200 for 1 hour

It was quite fun to explore the island with this...
It was so much easier than walking...


The lady we rented the electrical bicycle from gave us a map and told us where to visit.

Cijin Wind Turbine Park
I was not impressed.
lol
 
I was busy... drinking...

I remember it was quite a long ride...

Next...

Rainbow Church!
Hubby caught me!
It was crowded when we were there!
A lot of people were here to take photos.

We returned the bike after visiting this place.

Time to explore on foot!

 I was really looking forward to this because of the name
but...
It was just a tunnel.
I was slightly disappointed.
 
 
That was it.

Time for lunch!

Ya Jiao Seafood Restaurant (鴨角活海產) was on our list!
Our food and beer!
The beer was also on out list!
Hubby loves the beer!
He totally recommends this!
We ordered deep fried oyster,stir fried scallops and clams.

I rarely eat seafood because I am allergic.
Hubby loves seafood.
I took some.

The seafood were really fresh, according to hubby.
The taste was also good.

Total damage was...
NT630
Beer - NT90
Oyster - NT140
Clams - NT150
Scallops - NT250

We were really satisfied after lunch.
Time to take the ferry back to Kaohshiung.
I nearly fainted when I saw the queue!
Look at the queue on the opposite side!

We waited for quite a while...
30 minutes or longer, I think.

We paid NT25 to get back to Kaohshiung.

Once we got off, we went food hunting again!
Desserts!
Tofu Pudding
NT30

I love it!
Hubby rates this average...
lol

 Hubby was attracted to this!
Milk Tea
NT45

Hubby rates this average.
Hmm...

We were undecided on where to go next.
It was too early to go to the night market...

So we decided to go to Sanduo Shopping NT22
I nearly bought a set of skincare products because the sales lady was quite aggressive.
I resisted the temptation.
Mainly because I did not know the brand and I need to Google it first.

I declined quite politely.
Did a little research but it did not seem to be a popular brand.
Do not bother to ask me the brand because I have already forgotten.

We took the MRT to Formosa Boulevard NT17

This is so pretty!

We were there for a while then the hunger hit.
We need to go to the night market!

Liuhe  Night Market!
 

I do prefer Ruifeng Night Market.

I could hardly find anything to eat.
lol

I bought a pack of fries for NT50

The last thing I wanted to try was...
Huge oyster!
NT250

Hubby says it was fresh and the taste was good.
For me, it was a little disgusting.
lol
It was difficult to swallow for someone who does not know how to appreciate seafood.

Hubby was not really hungry and since I had some food, we decided to head back to rest!
NT17


That is the end of our holiday.
We packed our stuff and rest early as our flight is tomorrow.
Our last few hours in Taiwan...



***

Related Posts!
NT 44,095 for 2 person in Taiwan for 12 days 11 nights!
Kenting Day 1 | Kenting Night Market | January 2017
Kenting Day 2 - Part 1 | Chuan Fan Shi & Eluanbi Park | January 2017
Kenting Day 2 - Part 2 | Longpan Park & Maobitou | January 2017
Taipei Day 3 | 228 Peace Park & Longshan Temple | January 2017
Taipei Day 4 | Jiufen | January 2017
Taipei Day 5 | Maokong & Fengjia Night Market | January 2017
Nantou Day 6 | Xitou | January 2017
Cingjing Day 7 - Part 1 | Cingjing Farm | January 2017

***

No comments:

Post a Comment