A trip into my wardrobe - Part 1: Clothes

Friday, March 30, 2018

This was in my draft for a long time.
I thought I had already posted it...
Better late than never right?


Today I am writing on something different than usual.
I saw quite a number of videos on wardrobe decluttering and minimalism and similar stuff.
I find the idea really nice.
I am impressed. I want to live with less mess. Lol.
Yes, my wardrobe is a mess.



I did not really give this post a title when I started writing this post.
I was actually thinking about the title even after I started writing this.



Anyway, I will think about the title later.
So what finally made inspired me to clean out my wardrobe?
The minimalism idea sparks interest in me.
The videos I watched makes sense to me.



Finally, I decided to learn from the videos.
18th September 2016 - Sunday

I cleared my wardrobe.
I made a mess on the bed...


My husband was very shocked when he came to the room.
Yes, he freaked out!
I told him not to worry because I will clean it all up soon...
It took a few hours...
It was a tiring process but I was really happy!



Step 1 - Gathering
I started by gathering all my clothes and placed them all on the bed.
It was a mess.
I cannot really separate them into the Yes, Maybe and No pile.
I only knew a few that I would want to keep.
Most are all in Maybe pile.
Only a few went to the No pile immediately.

Step 2 - Categorize
I categorized the items accordingly.
Long pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, shirts, tank tops, and so on...
Then I look at how many items are in the specific category.


Step 3 - Try it on
I really think trying each piece on is easiest to filter through the clothes.
When I tried on the item and it is uncomfortable, I immediately threw it into the No pile
Some, I decided to put into the No pile because the color is hard to match


Step 4 - Donate or sell
If there are clothes that you never wore before, try to sell it.
If it is in a good condition, I consider giving it to my sisters for them to filter through or finally sell it.
Donate those clothes if selling is difficult


I had a total of 123 items.

I started with:-
 45 tops
16 cardigans or layering pieces
16 rompers/dresses
14 jeans/pants/shorts
2  bikinis
15 skirts
11 pajamas
5 leggings


I ended up with:-
18 tops
7 cardigans or layering pieces
5 dresses
11 jeans/pants/shorts
1  bikinis
6 skirts
6 pajamas
2 leggings

Total: 56 items


Most of my cloths after decluttering
It used to be totally full with hangers...
Yes, it was terrible.


It is still a lot.... I know...
I am still trying to cut down the number further...


Since I find it hard to filter it now...
I am trying the reverse hanger trick...
As of now, I am trying to see which ones I will not wear and then filter it again end of this year.



I do hope I will not go shopping anytime from now till then...
The last time I went shopping for clothes was in February 2016 for Chinese New Year...

The number is not important, as long as I can still manage it....
I love the fact that I can get dressed really quickly and I can see all my clothes!
I have a feeling that I will not wear some of the clothes I kept...
hmm...


Okay!
That's all!

Thanks for reading :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment