Taiwan Trip Day 12 (5 November 2014) Taipei City Mall and Ximending

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Time to head back to Taipei!


We woke up at 5:15 am to get ready...
We walked to the station to catch the 6:15 am train...

We bought a combo ticket for NT222 each

We got off at Luodong to catch a bus back to Taipei

We exchanged for the tickets at the bus station.

The whole journey took us about 3 hours 30 minutes...

We reached Taipei Bus Station and decided to take a taxi to the hotel because of our bulky luggage...
It was really near and cost us NT90

The last place we stayed at during our Taiwan trip was Cheers Hotel!
We booked it through agoda.com
It cost RM146.76

This is the entrance...
It was a little difficult to find...
We kind of followed some other tourist to get there... lol
Luckily they were going there as well...

We were there too early so we left the luggage at the hotel and went shopping!
We did not follow our initial plan because we were tired... lol

The room was very small...
The bed was not comfy...
It was still okay for us...
Even though we saw quite a lot of bad reviews, we think it was still ok for the price and the location

Free wifi :)
There is TV, fridge and a small table...
The fridge was not well maintained... but it is ok since we did not use the fridge

Time for breakfast!
Fried dumplings NT35
I love dumplings of all sorts :)

Chicken floss pancake NT40
The taste is normal...

Since most of the shops in Ximending were still closed, we decided to walk to Taipei City Mall

On the way there...

It took us about 20 minutes to get there...

I saw this super cute wall...

Anyone still remember them?
I used to watch them quite a lot...
Opppsss... I think I just revealed my age >,<

We came here to get presents... lol
Hubby spent more than 2 hours here...
Hubby had never seen so many anime figures in his life!
Of course,he was a little excited at first...

Heaven for otaku...
There were a lot of stores selling ACG (anime, comic and game) related stuffs
Anything from CD, posters, anime figures and everything else...

I know this so I have to take a picture... lol
I watched a few anime... so... when I was there I had no idea who is who...
Except a few like the one above, One Piece and Detective Conan... lol

No idea who they are but they are so cute!

Braised pork rice
Large one for NT50

I know we ate this almost everyday when we were in Taiwan...
The taste is ok so eat lo... haha

After lunch, we finally decided on the gifts to buy...
We continue shopping for a little while then we went back to our hotel to rest...

We went our to shop a little around Ximending...
We stumbled upon this...


Both hubby and I were so excited we went in immediately!

We spent about 30 minutes in there!

Below will be pictures hubby took while we were there!

Nami!



Hubby with his favorite character,Sanji!

Hubby posing...

 An extremely big Luffy!

The cute wanted posters!

Pretty and cute ships in One Piece!

Sanji is about the same height as hubby!

 The super adorable chopper!

Captain Luffy!

We spent NT310 in the shop...
NT250 was spent on a lucky draw...
Hubby won a Zoro figure...

Even though it was not exactly what he hoped for, he is still happy with it...

I bought a very cute mouse pad... I totally love it!

After that, we left and I was so hungry...
So time for dinner!

Before that, we saw two cute dogs!
They were so obedient...

These Golden Retrievers are the mascot for a cafe in Ximending
We were so tempted to go for dinner there because of the dogs!

We decided to try this because there was quite a lot of people here...

There were a lot of Koreans there that day...
They were not aware I was right behind them...
I guess I am too short to be noticed... as they kept bumping and stepping on me...

We spent NT190 on food...

We ordered fried yam balls, fried tempura, fried squid and salted  crispy chicken...

The food was just fine... nothing special la... I like fried stuff so it is fine but hubby did not really like it after trying so many different ones... he finds it normal >,<

Time for shopping again!!!

I love this shop so much!
There are so many different types of skincare and makeup products!
I tried so hard to control myself when I was in there!

I think I did pretty well...
I only bought one tub of mask!
lol

We stumbled upon the famous Ah Zong Mian Xian

I heard/read that the quality was not as good as before but I just want to let hubby try this
We ordered a large bowl for NT65
We both think the taste is just ok... nothing special to us...

After  eating we went for milk teas again!
Yes, hubby is totally crazy about milk teas!
We bought two cups for NT60 before going back!
Hubby cannot sleep without milk tea... lol

Oh no...
Our holiday is coming to an end soon...

***

Related Posts!
Taiwan Trip 2014 preparations!
Taiwan Trip Day 1 (25 October 2014) Taipei
Taiwan Trip  Day 2 (26 October 2014) Yangmingshan, Beitou and Tamsui
Taiwan Trip  Day 3 (27 October 2014) Tianmu, National Palace Museum, Raohe Night Market and Miramar
Taiwan Trip  Day 4 (28 October 2014) Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Shifen and Keelung Miaokou Night Market
Taiwan Trip  Day 5 (29 October 2014) Taipei Zoo, Taichung, and Fengjia Night Market
Taiwan Trip  Day 6 (30 October 2014) National Museum of Natural Science, Minsu Park and Fengjia Night Market
Taiwan Trip  Day 7 (31 October 2014) Sun Moon Lake
Taiwan Trip Day 8 (1 November 2014) Hualian
Taiwan Trip Day 9 (2 November 2014) Taroko Gorge
Taiwan Trip Day 10 (3 November 2014) Ruisui
Taiwan Trip Day 11 (4 November 2014) Qing Seminary, Liyu Lake and Hualian Sugar Factory
Taiwan Trip Day 13 (6 November 2014) Last minute shopping around Taipei!

No comments:

Post a Comment