Taiwan Trip Day 13 (6 November 2014) Last minute shopping around Taipei!

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Our last day in Taiwan!
Hmm... We wake up early to pack and checked out of the hotel...

Went out for breakfast at KFC...
I love the fast food in Taiwan as bubble milk tea is my favorite drinks for the set meal (breakfast)!

 Our breakfast...
Spotted: A notebook and a pen!

Our burger/wrap up close
Not bad :)

We walked around Ximending for a while but since most of the shops were still closed, we decided to go back to the hotel to get our luggage...

We walked to Taipei Main Station which took about 25 minutes...
On the way there, a three pretty Korean girls were in front of us...
They suddenly stopped and block the whole stretch of sidewalk...
We thought they did not notice us so we waited... but one of the girls turned to look at us for a second then turned back and continue talking... 
Oh, so now we are invisible? 
OMG! Our luggage was already heavy and they decided that their conversation was more important...

I used to think all Korean are so nice and polite... lol
So there are exceptions as well...

It is okay...
I am still in a very good mood because it is still holiday!

When we were reached the station we went to look for the baggage center!


This is the cheapest option of all...
NT70 for a big sized luggage for one day
NT50 for a medium sized luggage for one day
NT30 for a small sized luggage for one day 

The baggage center is just opposite East 3 entrance/exit



Remember to collect your luggage before 8 pm before it is closed!

We I spent the whole day shopping for sheet masks and contact lenses...
Poor hubby >,<

Yes, I was so tempted to buy these masks!

Lunch at McD!
Today is a fast food day... lol

Hubby wanted to try pork burger!
NT99 for the set meal

It was ok...
Somehow I like Ramly burger better... lol

We saw this place and we were a little surprised!!!
because...

the queue was crazy!

After lunch, we continued shopping...

We were a little tired from shopping so...
We decided to eat again...
So we could rest... lol


We went at about 3:40 pm...
Since we only ordered a set meal at McD earlier, we were a little hungry...

Chicken chop set NT139
I think it was quite nice even though it looks a little strange

Dumplings with pork/beef balls soup NT79
I just love dumplings but hubby did not like it...

The self service corner...
Soup and drinks!

The soup is not too salty...
I like it but it is just normal...
The drink was ice lemon tea...

Since we had nothing else to do we decided it is time to go to the airport...
Our holiday officially ends today at this moment!

Queuing to buy bus ticket to the airport at Taipei West Bus Station
It is within walking distance from the Taipei Main Station.

The bus is frequent but it is always better to be early!
Bus 1819 to Taoyuan International Airport

Our bus ticket for NT125 per person

We reached the airport at 6:30 pm

The first thing we did was to look for the weighing machine since we only had 20 kg... lol


After we finished packing, we went to look for a quiet place so we could eat and rest...
Non stop eating me ^,^'''

These were all the snacks I used to love when I was growing up there...
I still love them... lol
NT70 all together and I paid with EasyCard!
Super convenient!

Hubby bought these!
Drinks and Mapo Tofu
Hubby also paid using EasyCard (NT100) as we finished our cash... lol

I love love love the mapo tofu so much...
Hubby and I both love it so much we fought for it... lol... just joking... we did not but it was really THAT GOOD!
Oooppss.. Maybe I was a little too hungry...
I will definitely try it when I am back!
*I really want to go back already*

Time to share my skincare haul... yes... again!

Left: Dr. Morita Moisturizing Essence Facial Mask
Right: Dr. Morita Firming Essence Facial Mask
NT299 for 2 boxes
I bought these because it was so much cheaper than My Beauty Diary

Left: My Scheming Hyaluronan Hydrating Mask
Right: My Scheming Snail Essence Hydrating & Repairing Black Mask
NT299 for 2 boxes
Lol... Same reason as above!

Carmex Cherry Blossom Moisturizing Lip Balm
NT89
I bought it because it was recommended in a blog...

Dr. Douxi Premium Snail Aloe Repair Jelly
NT499
I love snail products so I bought it...
I think the brand is quite popular...

EJG Exquisite Beauty Moisture Tightening Cold Mask
NT499
This product was recommended in a few blogs... so... yes... I think I need this!

Naruko Raw Job's Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimizing & Brightening Essence
NT299 each
It is definitely cheaper than Malaysia's so I grabbed two without thinking much...

Petitfee Collagen & Co Q10 Hydro Gel Essence Eye & Spot Patch
NT299
Somehow I was attracted to this... lol
I think I need eye masks...

This is probably the last item I bought in Taiwan...
PegaVision Daily Contact Lenses...
NT500 for 15 pairs

Well, this is not as scary as my haul in HK (link here) as I tried super hard to control myself...
Well, I think I did way better :)
*Give myself a pat on the back*

Time to check in baggage...
My heart sinks...
Holiday ended just like that???!!!

Ok...
Time to go back to reality...
I was in my dreamland the past few days...
Without any worry or stress at all

Then lightning struck!
We were not allowed to pass through...


They saw something in hubby's backpack!
Guess what?

.........................
................
.......
...
..
.

Can you guess?
It was hubby's TRIPOD!

Reason was... because it was more than 25cm and it can be a weapon!
We had to check in the tripod!

We went back quickly...
The staff told us to pack our tripod into a box...
So we went over and it cost NT200


After packing we went back to the counter...
THEN!!!
We were told to pay an extra NT1400 because we had already checked in our baggage!

Yes, I was that angry!!!

They should had told us that from the beginning so we do not need to spend an extra NT200!

That was not it...
There was no signs anywhere that tripods exceeding 25cm cannot be in hand carry luggage!
Well, we spent NT1600 for a tripod!

If a tripod exceeding 25cm can be a weapon, what makes a tripod lesser than 25cm different?
They are of the same material and will still hurt if you hit someone with it!
A tripod can be extended le!

We had no problem when we entered Taiwan with the tripod in the backpack...
The problem was during the return flight only!

Who should be blamed?

I could have spent NT1600 on sheet masks and skincare products!

No matter how hard we tried to avoid overweight payment...
We still had to pay!
because of something we had no idea about...

Hubby did express his discontentment...
When we passed through... like finally!
Hubby told the staff they should have informed the check in counters...
They said they did...

There was nothing we can do...
Super angry whenever I think of this...

Anyway, just sharing this in case anyone is travelling with tripod!
You can save NT1600!

Our holiday was great to begin with but at the end it became bitter and sour!
Anyway, I still want to go back!
I will just be extra careful

Lesson learned!

***

Related Posts!
Taiwan Trip 2014 preparations!
Taiwan Trip Day 1 (25 October 2014) Taipei
Taiwan Trip  Day 2 (26 October 2014) Yangmingshan, Beitou and Tamsui
Taiwan Trip  Day 3 (27 October 2014) Tianmu, National Palace Museum, Raohe Night Market and Miramar
Taiwan Trip  Day 4 (28 October 2014) Yehliu Geopark, Jiufen, Shifen and Keelung Miaokou Night Market
Taiwan Trip  Day 5 (29 October 2014) Taipei Zoo, Taichung, and Fengjia Night Market
Taiwan Trip  Day 6 (30 October 2014) National Museum of Natural Science, Minsu Park and Fengjia Night Market
Taiwan Trip  Day 7 (31 October 2014) Sun Moon Lake
Taiwan Trip Day 8 (1 November 2014) Hualian
Taiwan Trip Day 9 (2 November 2014) Taroko Gorge
Taiwan Trip Day 10 (3 November 2014) Ruisui
Taiwan Trip Day 11 (4 November 2014) Qing Seminary, Liyu Lake and Hualian Sugar Factory
Taiwan Trip Day 12 (5 November 2014) Taipei City Mall and Ximending

No comments:

Post a Comment